DeeDee Connor hopes to plant seeds within her students, to assist them with developing healthy habits for a lifetime of wellness and happiness.
She lived in Ireland, London, New York and Massachusetts over the last decade as a professional actress. Between roles in; castles, in theatres, on film and TV, she discovered nannying; the Djembe Drum, performing children’s shows, bikram yoga and meditation — and her dream was to combine her passion for working with children - and that of creating union and connection. This was only strengthened following being diagnosed with a chronic illness – which led her to seek holistic health options and realisations regarding the power of the mind and that of creating healthy balance in life – and going where the love is.
She moved home to Sydney (where the love of family resides!) and trained as a children’s yoga teacher and studied meditation facilitation. As a teacher she helps students learn to celebrate their bodies, minds, and spirits in fun, safe and engaging ways – reminding us to be human-BEings, not just human-DOings!
She became the proud Mumma to Marnie in September, 2018, and is the proud Step-Mumma to Millie and Katie in the UK!
Her classes incorporate;
- body awareness
- breath awareness
- yoga adventure’s
- original songs and games
- Djembe African drumming, dance and movement
- meditation and relaxation
- mindful colouring-in
- working together and developing social skills and community
- confidence building
- helping to develop focus, empathy and compassion.
- Currently undertaking Santosha 50HR TT for Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga. (December 2022)
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training - 50 hours. (Live, Love, Flow - INDIRA AVDIĆ, Lead Trainer) January 2021
- Registered Children's Yoga Teacher with Yoga Australia (April 22, 2020)
- Registered Level 1 Adult Yoga teacher with Yoga Australia (2020)
- 150hour Adult Yoga Teacher Training (Balance Yoga, Sydney with Kylie Hennessy).
- YIMI (Yoga & Integrative Medicine Institute) 200 hour Adult Yoga Teacher Training mentoring program (2017-2019)
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training - 50hrs TT Children and Family Yoga (Rainbow Kids Yoga)
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training with Jodi Komitor - 27hrs TT + 8 hours Business Training (Next Generation Yoga - NGY)
- Meditation Facilitator Certificate - 1 year (Nature Care College)
- BA in Theatre, Theory Performance and Practice. (UWS/Nepean. 2002-2004)
- Acting for Film and TV (New York Conservatory for the Dramatic Arts, 2007-2009).
- Member of the Meditation Association of Australia (since 2019)
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- First Aid Certificate/CPR
- NDIS Disability Support ServiceProvider. See https://yogability.org.au/disability_service_providers/danielle-ndis-nsw
Personal development training:
- Has completed two Vipassana 10-day silent meditation retreats. (Georgia, USA and Blue Mountains, Australia).
- Has completed two MBSR (mindfulness based stress reduction) 8 week courses. (Amherst, USA & Openground, NSW)
- Has completed a 10 week Meditation course (Open Sanctuary with Brahm -Sydney)
- Has completed an intensive MSC (Mindful Self Compassion) course. (Boston, USA)
DeeDee also works for:
- connect kids YOGA (in preschools, primary and high schools) www.connectkidsyoga.com.au
- Kidsfit Australia Yoga - https://kidsfitaustralia.com/
- Yoga Bears Yoga - https://www.yogabearskidsyoga.com.au/
DeeDee's little sister Nell Connor teaches Classical Pilates in Sydney's Inner West (she trained in NYC, USA):