DeeDee (Danielle) Connor hopes to plant seeds within children to assist them with developing healthy habits for a lifetime of wellness and happiness.
She lived in Ireland, London, New York and Massachusetts over the last decade as a professional actress. Between roles in; castles, in theatres, on film and TV, she discovered nannying, performing children’s shows, bikram yoga and meditation — and her dream was to combine her passion for children and that of creating union and connection. This was only strengthened following being diagnosed with a chronic illness – which led her to seek holistic health options and realisations regarding the power of the mind and that of creating healthy balance in life – and going where the love is.
She moved home to Sydney (where the love of family resides!) and trained as a children’s yoga teacher and studied meditation facilitation. As a teacher she helps children learn to celebrate their bodies, minds, and spirits in fun, safe and engaging ways – reminding kids to be human-BEings, not just human-DOings!
She had become a proud new Mumma to baby Marnie as of September, 2018!
Her classes incorporate;
- body awareness
- breath awareness
- yoga adventure’s
- original songs and games
- Djembe African drumming, dance and movement
- meditation and relaxation
- mindful colouring-in
- working together and developing social skills and community
- confidence building
- helping children develop focus, empathy and compassion.
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training (Rainbow Kids Yoga)
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training with Jodi Komitor (Next Generation Yoga - NGY)
- Meditation Facilitor Certificate (Nature Care College)
- BA in Theatre, Theory Performance and Practice. (UWS/Nepean)
- Acting for Film and TV (New York Conservatory for the Dramatic Arts).
- Associate member of Yoga Australia.
- Working with Children Check
- Police Check
- First Aid Certificate
Personal development training:
- Has completed two Vipassana 10-day silent meditation retreats. (Georgia, USA and Blue Mountains).
- Has completed two MBSR (mindfulness based stress reduction) 8 week courses. (Amherst, USA & Openground, NSW)
- Has completed a 10 week Meditation course (Open Sanctuary with Brahm -Sydney)
- Has completed an intensive MSC (Mindful Self Compassion) course. (Boston, USA)
Also works for: